Silage bacteria Lactobacillus plantarum TAK 59 NCIMB 42150
Lactobacillus plantarum TAK 59 has been isolated and developed by BioCC LLC in the cooperation of scientific partner Estonian University of Life Sciences and industrial partner Starter ST LLC.
Lactobacillus plantarum TAK 59 has passed the panel of experts of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA – Panel on Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed – FEEDAP) and has been confirmed as a silage additive with established characteristics.
Lactobacillus plantarum TAK 59 has been registered as a silage additive in the European Union register of Feed Additives on the 28.12.2016, which has been issued by commission implementing regulation (EU) No 2016/2150 (Official Journal of the European Union L 333/44).
Functional properties and use of Lactobacillus plantarum TAK 59:
- Improves fermentation quality in the silage. Fast pH drop inhibits undesirable microorganisms and pathogenes development and as a result of that are avoided products of poor fermentation (incl. ammonia nitrogen and butyric acid). Products from poor fermentation of silage reduce animal intake and cause health problems.
- Multivalent bio-potential which means wide spectrum of properties compared with other strains. This is expressed by faster fermentation, better quality, better stability and the preservation of nutrients in the silage.
- Supports and directs the silage fermentation – suitable for grasses and wilted legumes and their mixtures. Over 20 ensiling trials are carried out both with grasses and legumes as well as legumes and grasses mixtures in various proportions.
- Accelerates fermentation and ensures a fast and stable pH decrease in silage. Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) accelerates the progress of fermentation by producing lactic acid, thereby transferring the environment quickly to acidified, through the conservation of fodder and retaining nutrients in silage.
- Minimizes the loss of nutrients in fermentation. By preventing the activity of the microorganisms that cause spoilage of the silage, the nutrients are preserved in the feed what animal can use for better production outcome.
- TAK 59 is suitable for using in regular and organic farming!